December 5, 2017
When it comes to your most valuable asset, or your soon-to-be most valuable asset, you want to work with someone you can trust. A REALTOR® is a trained professional who can help you buy or sell your home and educate you on every step of the process.
Since today's complex market demands expertise and resources not available to the average consumer, there are many compelling reasons why you should enlist the professional services of a REALTOR®.
Working with a REALTOR®
- Before becoming a REALTOR®, a person must undergo specialized training through the University of British Columbia, pass the exam, and meet all requirements in order to be licensed by the Real Estate Council of British Columbia.
- In order to become a REALTOR®, a licensee must join a real estate board such as the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board and commit to a formal Code of Ethics and high performance standards that ensure professional competent service, absolute honesty and integrity.
- Your REALTOR® provides you with undivided loyalty, prioritizing your interests and protection.
- A REALTOR® works within the scope of the law and will inform you of regulations, policies, and known facts that may affect your negotiating position and decisions.
- Only REALTORS® have access to the Multiple Listing Service®, the single most powerful tool for buying and selling a home. With a REALTOR® you can access extensive information for thousands of listings and better evaluate the market.
- Your REALTOR® knows your neighbourhood and regularly assesses market conditions and property values.
- Negotiating price is an art. Your REALTOR® will negotiate objectively in order to get the best possible price for your home.
- REALTORS® have the skills and resources to market your home effectively.
- Your REALTOR® is aware of the many options available for financing the sale, and has the latest information on mortgages.
- Your REALTOR® can open doors to thousands of properties through the MLS® and provide you with up-to-the-minute details on homes specifically suited to your needs.
- A REALTOR® can get you the information needed to make an informed decision: comparable prices, current trends, housing market conditions, and more.
- REALTORS® have extensive community and neighborhood knowledge that can help guide you in finding the perfect location for your new home.
- Through their extensive network, a REALTOR® can help you find home inspectors, mortgage brokers, and tradesmen for renovations.
If you are serious about selling your home or are in the market for purchasing, consider using the experts. REALTORS® are licensed real estate specialists. Let them deliver the professional service you deserve.